Thursday, February 24, 2011

Rain is a Good Thing!

Many people get depressed by rainy days, but in them I find pleasure. To me it is God's way of providing rest. You have to slow down, take it easy, but not stop carrying out His purposes all together.

Today I took in the cool rainy air through my window, I listened to soothing music, I drank tea. For lunch I had comfort food - tomato soup and grilled cheese. Today has been wonderful.

Maybe getting soaked walking to classes is a little less enjoyable, but I cannot help but love it overall. There is nothing like a good walk in the rain.

Rain is a good thing (and not for all the reasons that Luke Bryant sang about ;-).)

Revelation 21:5 says, "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." God does make all things new. As the spring rain comes, the ugly brown and signs of death disappear from winter's harsh elements and spring brings new life. How much brighter does the sun shine after it comes out of hiding. Rain is indeed a good thing.

Even the rain storms of life can beautiful. Just as you enjoy the sun after rainy days, you can enjoy life's blessings more when you appreciate where you came from. Rain is a great thing!

Today it is raining and my heart is thankful.

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful refreshing view on rain. Personally I enjoy rain and get a bit frustrated at the people that are constantly complaining, but I hadn't thought of this angle on it before. Thanks Meghan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome, I get frustrated with those people too at times. God has so much to teach us in His world if we give Him the time!

    ReplyDelete