Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Lord God made them all




So if you know me, it is no big secret that I am not a science lover. From the time I was in elementary class, I have never done well, and so I simply do not like the subject. I have always been satisfied with if it works, it works. I do not need to know the big terms behind it. I realize this seems like a care less attitude, and sometimes it is. However, there are times when I love it, simply to see the wonder of God's Creation.This past week in my biology course, my teacher was gone for the week. Instead having a week off, we were instructed to watch videos that prove evolution to be false. It was amazing to see how God has created each creature to declare His handiworks. For example, did you know about the Australian Incubator Bird? It is amazing how they can test the exact temperature of their nest and keep it to exact warmth their babies need to survive. That is only scratching the surface of these unique animals. I could go on forever about all the animals and even proteins I learned about, but that would take a while.
Anyway, I have been reading a devotional called Horse Tales from Heaven by Rebecca E. Ondov. In it, she tells a story about an adventure with a horse from her experiences and relates them to spiritual truth. Thinking back, I thought of a horse tale from my own life that expresses God's design. Not only has God shaped each animal to fit their environment and way of life, I have also seen how God has formed each personality for survival. The first foal ever born at the stable I used to help out at was named Spring. Not too many months after Spring's birth, her mother Cruz died of Potomac fever. Spring still needed nourishment, and if you know anything about animals, bottle feeding is not always the easiest solution. Well Miss Spring "just happened" to be one of the most independent foals you would ever meet. A bottle was never needed, she just licked the formula right from the bucket. Even better, her fraternal grandmother became like a surrogate mother out in the pasture, and the two became close. How could Spring's personality just have evolved into what she needed? It couldn't. God knew what would happen in her young life, and He created her to withstand it.
Now if God cares that much about a little filly, how much more does He care about me? What an amazing Creator I serve!

2 comments:

  1. love this Meghan!
    isn't it amazing how God sometimes reveals some of his greatest characteristics in his creation...in animals. I love it! and Spring! wow, miss that little girly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Sarah. His Creation is for us to know Him more....how can you not love that? I do miss Spring sooo much, I also really miss Harmony. She was the first horse I ever got a chance to know and love. It is a special connection and I miss her so. So thankful for the animals God has given us to give us a taste of these feelings. :)

    ReplyDelete