Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Stretch

Wow! These last few weeks have been cra-raze-zie! I have gone through many ups and downs struggling with uncertainty of whether I am where God wants me. Despite the bad days, my heavenly Father really does know best and continues to guide me through each step of the way.
   First of all, I have a part time at my local K-Mart. This really isn't what I pictured myself doing with a 4 year college degree, but it provides for some of my financial needs. The job is not extremely stressful though I do have the bad days where I feel like I could quit. The truth is, this job was a gift from the Lord. I have many opportunities to work with the lost, and I pray that they see Christ in me. I do not know how long I will be there, but I am thankful for work and opportunities to be a light in a dark place. I was also able to find some exciting tools for my other job.
      My other job is a Pre-K (4&5yrs) at a nursery school around my area. The director is new to the school this year, so I won't start until next week. With a slower start, I have felt stressed out over the things I don't know. Lately I feel unqualified to be a teacher. However, after a successful open house today, I feel like the Lord restored my confidence. The director is so supportive, and today she reassured of me of my ideas. I know I have lots of growing to do, but it seems like we are all of to a good start. Looking forward to more stretching in this new experience.
       I am also looking forward opportunities to serve in my church. I am serving as a 1st and 2nd grade teacher in our Wednesday night children's program. It just feels strange to know that I would be at college, but alas, I am here at home doing all sorts of new things. The Lord even provided a vehicle to help me get around. So much new and sometimes overwhelming, but honestly I would not trade a thing. Well if I could teach full time and not work at K-Mart, I wouldn't complain, but even so, God is good. Here's to more stretching.


No comments:

Post a Comment