Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Matter of Faith

This summer has been challenging for me. I graduated from college looking forward to a new chapter in life. at first, I really did have some plans, but right before I marched down that aisle for my diploma, my plans began to fall through. Though I was disappointed at first, I knew deep down inside that the Lord would take care of me. I began the summer catching up with friends, pleasure reading, and looking forward to new opportunities in life.
However, my joy started to disappear as the doors to employment began to close one by one. At times I was discouraged, and I just was not happy with the way things were going. Each time I started feeling low, the Lord gave me a verse, an encouragement or some ray of hope to keep me going. Knowing the Lord was in control kept me going.
Next thing I knew, I had not one, not two, but 4 job offers. Now I experienced new stress. Which job or jobs should I choose? Did I make the right choice? Am I a fool to give this up? The questions swarmed in my head, but the answer was becoming more clear. I soon began working part time at K-Mart with a position in a preschool for the fall. Life was good, and I knew the Lord had answer my prayers for work. It was what I had been expecting, but I knew if the Lord provided the positions, I was certain to enjoy a new adventure.
Well life just never gets easier. I have really enjoyed my job at K-Mart, but I have been concerned about schedule conflicts. Without going into too much detail, I was really trying to trust the Lord and not stress about the unknown. I figured if the Lord gave me the jobs, He would take care of the details. However, knowing and believing are two different things. I kept praying about the situation, and already the Lord seems to have taken care of the details. Once again I am anticipating a brand new exciting chapter of life.
One thing this summer has taught me is that I can never give up my faith. God takes care of me each and every day. New problems and trials in life will appear, but the Lord will be right by my side to help take care of the little details. Hopefully I will remember this life lessons and save myself hours of worthless worry.

The Lord is good to them that wait on Him, to the soul that seeketh Him. ~Lamentations 3:25

2 comments:

  1. Ah Meghan . . . I feel for you. I'm sort of in the same boat, wondering if I made the right decision to stop my part time job to be able to start a new chapter by moving to a different city and getting a different job. I just keep trusting the Lord as I continue to (daily) let Him be in control. You'll be in my thoughts. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best thing we can do. I am guessing most people feel the same way we do when starting something new. What will you be doing now Tiffany?

    ReplyDelete