Thursday, November 22, 2012

Hindsight

Lately the phrase "Hindsight is 20/20" has been on my mind especially in this season of Thanksgiving. Looking back on this past year has been a blessing. The Lord has guided each step to get me where I am now, and I am so grateful for His guidance.
Many days I still struggle with whether I am making the right decisions. Being home this year has brought much pleasure as I can participate in family activities, get around freely on my own and can work paying jobs. However there are still challenges I face each and every day. Lately I've noticed that whenever I begin to doubt the Lord does something to show me I am right where I belong.
I really do love being a teacher. I never expected to have 40+ students in my first year of teaching, and though some are harder to love than others, I truly to love each and every one and am thankful for them. Each child is teaching me something different, and I know the Lord has them in my classroom for a reason. I can also see the hand of God in my life as past experiences have provided me the patience and wisdom I need to work with some of my children.
I always said I wanted to work with kids when I grow up. The Lord brought me there, and I feel so blessed that my desires were a part of His will for my life. Looking forward to new opportunities on the horizon and watching my kids learn and grow through the rest of this school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment