Monday, October 22, 2012

The Birthday Boy...er Guy


This guy turned 20 today. When I turned 20 it really wasn't a big deal. Actually I was told I was a nothing, lol. I was no longer a teenager, but I wasn't the legal legal adult age either. However, with Matt here it's different. None of my siblings are teenagers any longer.
    Sometimes it gets on my nerves when people go on and on about their age. Matthew certainly has not made a big deal about it, and I realize we all have to grow up sometimes. However, I am loving the fact that we are growing up. This past weekend was a great example.
       My parents were blessed to have a chance to get away for the weekend. They had a great time while my brothers and I stayed home. I really wasn't concerned about where my next meal was coming from or whether the laundry would get done. I did think about all the times when we were younger and I would baby sit referee fighting matches between my brothers. There was none of that this week though. Instead Matthew made breakfast for us, I made dinner, Jonathan did the laundry and absolutely no screaming matches took place. I think we are growing up. (About time right ;-))
       Matthew is also in his first year at college, commuting 35 minutes everyday to reach his dream of becoming a mechanical engineer.  Jon & I are also working 2 jobs each in fields that we love. Our new found independence and doing what we love have brought us together. We have 3 distinct personalities, but we seem to work well together. I have always looked forward to the time when your siblings become more of your friends rather than someone to annoy.
       All this mushy gushiness which will probably make both boys puke to say have the happiest of birthdays Matthew Benj. You are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment