Monday, July 2, 2012

Is There Anything Too Hard for Me?

This is what the Lord said to Abraham when He questions God's plan for His life. God told Abraham his seed would be as much as the stars in the sky, but Abraham got impatient as he and his wife grew older. In my own human mind, I feel like I would be questioning God's plan if I were Abraham or Sarah. Yet God said, "Is there anything to hard for me?" Of course not. We all know the story of Isaac, then Jacob and how the line continued right into the birth of our Savior.
Sadly, man just never seems to learn total faith in God. Sarah tried to help God out by providing Hagar to bear Ishmael with Abraham. This plan backfired since it was not God's fan. As silly as it sounds not to have total trust in God, I must say I have been feeling like Abraham lately.
This summer I have yet to find a job. I graduated 2 months ago, and all opportunities seemed bleak. There seemed to be job offers enough, but I never seemed to fit the job qualifications. I kept telling myself that God had something better, and my mom told me the same. However, as time passed, I began to feel like a bum. People constantly ask what I am doing with myself, but of course my answer is the same. Basically nothing. I was beginning to give up on the job hunt all together, just waiting for something to come along.
To add insult to injury, I was beginning to see other dreams pass before my eyes. No job, means no car since I have no income to support myself. Student loans draw nearer, and I have other dreams that began to seem like a bleak reality. A few nights ago, I reached my breaking point and had a good cry. I have discovered writing my feelings out helps me rationalize better. As I wrote, I felt the need to pray to my Father. I asked Him what was the point of 4 years of studying elementary education when I couldn't even get a minimum wage part time job much less a teaching job. As I poured out my heart and looked at my written feelings, I realized I had not been truly giving my burden to the Lord who promised to care for me.

Is there anything too hard for me?

I started a new day feeling refreshed and filled of hope. I reset my dreams and expectations to be within the will of the Lord and waiting for His timing. I also discovered new job opportunities I didn't realize existed. To make along story short, in half a week, I have a job offer, a job interview today and one tomorrow. One of these opportunities is a teaching opportunity as well. Now instead of wishing I had a job, I now wish I knew which one to pick. I don't know what God has for me, but I do know it will be awesome whatever it is. No, Lord, there is nothing to hard for you.

To Him be all the glory and praise!

1 comment:

  1. God's timing is never our own, but it is amazing how he works it all out in the end for our benefit. Meghan I am so excited to see what God has in store for you!!
    And I'll be right here, by your side... learning with you ;)

    ReplyDelete