Friday, April 27, 2012

And Thus It Was....

       "And thus it was: the fourth age of Middle-Earth began; and the Fellowship of the Ring, though eternally bound by friendship and love, was ended."
                                                           ~Frodo Baggins
      Granted, I may not living in the fourth age of Middle-Earth, and I am certainly not bound to the fellowship of the ring, but a new journey of life is beginning, and the love I have gained for my students will be eternal. Sadly though, it has ended.
       I began this adventure sometime back in January, and I was a mess. My good friend, Sarah, was making a major life change of her own by going away to college. We were both quite nervous about these changes, but Sarah said, "Just think of it as our own adventures." For medieval legend loving girls like ourselves, this thought gave me some motivation to enjoy this phase.
     I soon found myself in a new place to live faced with 50 eyes ready for learning. The new adventure began, but I absolutely loved it. You can see from previous posts that I was quite content where I was. I taught 5th grade, and they never really seemed lovey dovey. I was okay with that though and just worked hard to be a good teacher. Yesterday was my last day, and my heart aches for leaving them behind. The notes they wrote me allowed me to see what they all thought of me. I never knew I could enjoy this adventure so much, but I did. I was more excited to find out that my students loved it as much as I did. I still have much to learn to be a good teacher, but the short time I experienced was awesome.
   I pray that I will remember how I felt through this experience the next time a grand adventure comes along. I do not know what it is next in life for me, but I crave the mystery. I feel like a brand new adventure is right around the corner. I can't help but think that it too will be thrilling.
   Today, I am still a little sad because the last adventure is over, but may it be said....
  "And thus it was: the post college life of Meghan began; and the 5th grade student teaching experience though eternally bound by friendship and love, was ended."
   (Corny, I know, but true just the same. ;))
   

No comments:

Post a Comment