Friday, January 27, 2012

What a Week!

So my week started on Sunday with a very sad loss on behalf of my Baltimore Ravens. Disappointing as it was, the boys had a great season from my perspective. A Super Bowl win would have been awesome, but sorry to all you Steeler fans out there, I was pretty happy about the sweep. Writing this paragraph made me realize I have finally gotten over the loss against the Patriots. After all it is only a game, yaddi yaddi ya. ;-)
  In other news, this was also the week of goodbyes. Goodbye to my second church family, Sunday School class, AWANA Cubbies, professors, roommate, college friends, etc etc. I am also realizing that I only have one more week until it is goodbye for the foreseeable future. However, I realized that goodbye is not always such a bad thing. You see the reason goodbyes hurt so much is that I genuinely love these people around me. What's more, they love me too (well some of them anyway, hehe.) To love and be loved is a wonderful gift, and goodbyes are a reminder of this.
  I really cannot be too down in the dumps. The truth is that my goodbyes are for naught. I am heading into a brand new adventure. Student Teaching! Yes, I am nervous, excited, and a lot of things in between, but I am so ready for this challenge. The Lord has already taught me so much these past three weeks - I can't even imagine what I have to learn and discover these next 3 months.
  So yes, this week had its up and downs, but I am ready to move on. The pain reminds me there is love, and I know the Lord is on my side. Really, what more do I need? So here's to an exciting journey ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment