Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Weed

I really like the song "Rocks in Your Shoes" by Emily West. The line that gets me every time goes something like this..."bitter's like a weed, if you let it grow, it's going to choke you up somewhere down the road, to get where your going there's only one thing to do, you gotta learn to walk with rocks in your shoes."
How true this is. So often I find myself harboring bitter resentments and ideas towards different people and things. When I finally let go, I enjoy life so much more. It is never any fun when bitterness takes control. All it does is make me miserable. It is not always easy to forgive and forget, but it can be so worth it. There are some people and some things that I can never change. One thing I must remember about people is that God loves them. He have them their personality and He gave me mine. I must learn to deal with that. All bitterness is going to do is choke me up and cause me to sin.
So many Christians get caught up in their own agendas. When we don't get our way, we pout and cause more problems. This week in chapel, I heard some messages on James 3. The tongue can cause so much damage and as Christians, we must control it. So next time, take a walk with rocks in your shoes. Sometimes it is hard to suck it up, but throwing the rocks back at people will not make anything better.
Remember, "you can get a little down or get a little mad, but when there is stones in the road, there is only one thing to do, you gotta learn to walk with rocks in your shoes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment